If you're apartment unit renters like my husband and I, chances are you don't have a washer and dryer in your space. Our building has a laundry area, but no change machine. I jumped on the chance to create this Laundry Quarters Change purse after my husband and I decided we would get a heat press for my birthday (which was this Monday). I was also itching to use the new fonts I've bought. I'm sharing the free printable as well so you can create your own!
- Finished change purse (or sew your own)
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Silhouette Cameo or Portrait
- Silhouette Hook
- Or Printable Heat Transfer Paper
- Iron or Heat Press
- Printable Template (download at the end of the post)
First off, iron your change purse so it's flattened and ready for decorating. In case you are wondering, I sewn my change purse myself - follow this pouch tutorial to create a similar one for yourself!
If you have a Silhouette cutting machine:
- Trace, cut and weed the printable. I used two HTV colors for mine - black and green for the word 'Quarters' to match my zip.
If you don't have a cutting machine:
- Resize the printable according to your change purse size, and print it onto Printable Heat Transfer paper (for light fabrics if you have a light-colored pouch). Cut around the design as close as you can.
Arrange your HTV or Printable Heat Transfer Paper onto the pouch and iron it down or use a heat press. Can I just say I love my new heat press? It's awesome and takes less than 20 seconds to finish this project! Remove the carrier sheet and you are done!
If you adored this project, come check out other heat transfer projects I've shared on the blog:
|Crazy Cat Lady Shirt|
|Adulting Canvas Bag|
|Masquerade Mask Tee|
I just love how this turned out! This is surely going to get used a lot in our household. What kind of change purse do you need? Comment down below! Have a great time crafting, friends!
DOWNLOAD THIS HERE: